Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

I have a son in Bakersfield California he turns 18 on 08-15-2013,

I have a son in Bakersfield California he turns 18 on 08-15-2013, His mom is doing independent home schooling. He is doing several questionable things that I don't agree with and is not being driven enough to complete his schooling in my opinion. His mom is wanting to drag this out and per last conversation says to send her a check and him a check. I have payed as requested on time never missing a payment but have only gotten to see him about 10 days in the last 18 years. Is their any way of finding out how he is really doing. I believe that I may be financially supporting more than the requiredments.

Lawrence

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

If you bring a Motion to Terminate Child Support when your son turns 18, you'll be able to subpeona all of his school records. The mother will have to prove that he is actually still in school, and you can ask her to provide a plan for completion (since, if he's not finished with school, you'll have to keep paying).

The other option is to tell her that you will be going to court if she doesn't produce adequate evidence of what's happening with his schooling, to see if she's willing to give you the information just to avoid going back to court.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.