How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11724
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I recently moved from Denver to Mexico, after 9 m

Customer Question

My husband and I recently moved from Denver to Mexico, after 9 months he left and returned to Denver, deciding he didn't want to be here anymore. Not fully understanding his state of mind, I want to know what my rights are if he chooses to file for divorce while I am out of the country. I am currently taking care of our house and two dogs. He has not legally re-established residency in Denver but is living with his father who clearly resides there. Can you please tell me what my rights are at this point? Btw, most of the assets are in his name.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Your question ended up in the immigration law category. Are you both U.S. Citizens? If not, who is not and what is their status?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We are both US citizens
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Ok. I will Opt Out and transfer your question to our Family Law section. Sorry about that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, so do I wait here? Or...
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Yes. It may take a little bit to transfer it because it is late. Worse comes to worse you can check in tomorrow. Do not worry, this place is not a scam. I have worked here for over 5 years and most people are satisfied with the service. Sorry for the delay and inconvenience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you please help me get my question answered, it is important.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
If your question involved Florida law, I would answer it myself, but since it does not, I should not. Just be a little more patient. You originally posted after midnight EST and it is the beginning of the day. Give it until the end of the day. Do not worry, someone will be with you soon. Sorry for the delay.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have yet to receive an answer from ANYONE, please help me to get my money refunded. I don't want to give anyone a poor performance review, I just want my money back please

Related Family Law Questions