Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Hi, I have a issue that has been going on since 2002. I 2000

Hi, I have a issue that has been going on since 2002. I 2000 i married my husband, he was raising his ex wifes two kids a girl and boy. His wife had cheated on him many times and he questioned if the little girl was his. so in 2002 we had a dna test done it came back she wasnted his, from there my husbands mom, his ex and her mom have continually caused us trama to our lives. They keep claiming i did something to the test. They had me arrested and acussed of child abuse in 2002, then tried to have me arrested again saying i forged the ex wifes name on a paper, all theses charges were cleared from me. The ex wife and her lawyer used our dna test in court to remove my husband from the birth certificate and gain cusdody of the kids from us. The dna test was also used in court to releive my husband of any child support. Ive been under tremdous stress from them, ive had to quit nursing school, i had a breakdown , i lost my cna liscence and notery licence, ive deveolped fibromyalgia from all the stress and iam haveing trouble finding work. Now to top it all off my husbands mother claims she did a dna test with the child who is 18 yrs old now, and herself and states that it says my husband is the childs dad. we have yet to see a copy of this test. they are threating to sue us, not sure for what tho. What can they do? Can we get them to leave us along? Is their test good in a court over ours that was used in the court system and is documented?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties:

Hi, I have a issue that has been going on since 2002. I 2000 i married my husband, he was raising his ex wifes two kids a girl and boy. His wife had cheated on him many times and he questioned if the little girl was his. so in 2002 we had a dna test done it came back she wasnted his, from there my husbands mom, his ex and her mom have continually caused us trama to our lives. They keep claiming i did something to the test. They had me arrested and acussed of child abuse in 2002, then tried to have me arrested again saying i forged the ex wifes name on a paper, all theses charges were cleared from me. The ex wife and her lawyer used our dna test in court to remove my husband from the birth certificate and gain cusdody of the kids from us. The dna test was also used in court to releive my husband of any child support. Ive been under tremdous stress from them, ive had to quit nursing school, i had a breakdown , i lost my cna liscence and notery licence, ive deveolped fibromyalgia from all the stress and iam haveing trouble finding work. Now to top it all off my husbands mother claims she did a dna test with the child who is 18 yrs old now, and herself and states that it says my husband is the childs dad. we have yet to see a copy of this test. they are threating to sue us, not sure for what tho. What can they do? Can we get them to leave us along?

Response 1: They really cannot do anything to you. The DNA test your husband did that was approved by the Court is what counts. Their DNA test that proves otherwise, which was not approved by the Court is worthless. Their DNA test must be approved by the Court before it can be used in their lawsuit. This means that the Court would make an Order to get the test done in an approved facility, the test would be handled in a controlled environment; chain of custody would be documented; etc. NOT ALL facilities are approved by the Court. So, I will not lose any more sleep over their threats if I were you.

Is their test good in a court over ours that was used in the court system and is documented?

Response 2:. No. Their "test" means nothing. Just ignore them. Let them go ahead and file a lawsuit if they want to. Then, respond accordingly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much. Should i file anything against them to leave us along or just ignore them?

Response
: Just ignore them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see your not a oregon lawyer, so are your answers to my questions going to work for me? Relieve my stress?

Response:
Yes and Yes. All the Attorneys on this site are licensed Attorneys and can answer any question in any State. So, relax.

Have a wonderful day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you.

You are quite Welcome!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What kind of lawsuit could they file against me if they tried to?

Response: I am only guessing here: It may be interference with the child-father relationship. However, I DO NOT SEE ANY BASIS FOR IT based on your post here. So, relax. Do not worry about it. If or when the lawsuit is filed, you are more than Welcome to ask for me and ask your new questions.