Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

My ex and I are going back to court about custody of our 3

My ex and I are going back to court about custody of our 3 children. I let my 8 year old take my ipod to his house so she would have something to do while there. He took the ipod from her and got into my gmail acct, accessed my bank accounts, and went through my whole ipod. It contained correspondence from my attorney, the child advocate my personal bills, finances, etc. Is there anything I can do to stop him from using the info he got off my ipod?.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Good grief. How did you find out about this? Did he tell you he accessed your records?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he contacted his lawyer about some of my emails and my correspondence with the child advocate from two years ago when we were first divorced

What you are describing can be considered hacking and cyber crime (yes, really, since he obtained access into your private accounts without permission or consent from you). I would strongly suggest you contact your attorney who in turn could evaluate the situation and contact the police or the district attorney's office on your behalf, or also motion the court (if your ex files for a hearing) to not permit that evidence or information into testimony on the basis that it was illegally obtained. Even if all he did was press the 'email' button on your Ipad without your permission, since the email account is yours and you didn't permit him to use it, it is a potential crime. So yes, you can potentially pursue action against him if he uses that information against you in an unauthorized manner.

Good luck.