Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

My friends girlfriend took their daughter away last night and

My friends girlfriend took their daughter away last night and refuses to tell him where she is at. She has decided to get an emergency order of custody. How will she be able to do this? can it be as simple as going up there and saying "he is dangerous because he beats me" (of course he does not do this, I'm throwing out extremes). Willl she have show evidence of this to get any order from the court to do this?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

An emergency order is typically granted based upon the information presented by the party requesting the order if the judge believes that there is a danger. However a hearing will also be set within the next couple weeks to hear the evidence presented by both parties