Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

Dear Dimitry, What is a party to do when an answer provided

Dear Dimitry,

What is a party to do when an answer provided in response to a petition, on a family matter, contains denials of averments in the petition which were factually true. Meaning the answer stating 'denied' is an untrue answer (denial). Would it be a reply to the answer, striking of the answer or something else?

Thank you for your question and thank you most kindly for requesting me to assist you further.

If an answer provided is false, untrue, or incorrect, the other party has the ability to file an amended complaint that addresses positions or claims in the answer that the other party finds to be incorrect or outright false. This would be essentially a new reply to an answer via an amendment.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is the amended petition (this is a petition to modify in family court) allowed in Florida?

Thank you for your follow up.

That is correct, such an.option exists under Florida law. The information I have provided is valid under Florida law.

Good luck!