stevexo
stevexo, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  30 years helping those with Family legal needs
10069793

Question for Stevexo. I had in a prior question asked you whether

Question for Stevexo. I had in a prior question asked you whether to amend dismissed complaint. You recommended that I file a new bar complaint in Alabama. Considering the statute of limitations for bar complaints in AL, and given that the original complaint was received July 5, 2011, and the dates that the alleged ethics violations occurred were March 22, 2010-January 21, 2011, would my new complaint fall under the same statute as a new one or not since lies from atty from 1st c/o are proved?

I will let Steve know of your question. He will see my message when he next checks his email.
31 years of family law litigation. Understanding of your concerns,and a good legal knowledge base. You mean that this will not be filed by 2016? I say this, as the Alabama Bar allows bar complaints to be filed within 6 years, although they prefer that it be filed in five and a half.But legally you have up to 6 years. And yes because you are not amending the complaint, it will be a new complaint,you cannot amend a complaint after it has been adjudicated. Amending pleadings is only done prior to the disposition of the case. In this case your goal is to have it considered a new complaint, as the other has been ruled upon not in your favor, and thus it would not be timely to amend it now. That is why this is not an easy thing for you to do, as if they consider it the old complaint, they will not even get to the merits of the case, as it has already been ruled upon. Good Luck, Steve
stevexo, Family Law Attorney
Experience: 30 years helping those with Family legal needs
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Stevexo: Thank you your most knowledgeable and most thorough response. I am relieved by your answer, and am most grateful to you.
Thank you once again.

You are most welcome. Thank you for your tip also. It is customers like you, that more than make up for any other problems encountered on this site. Sincerely, Steve