Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

In Pgh, PA family court division- are you able to file for

In Pgh, PA family court division- are you able to file for a continuance on an emergency petition for temporary custody for 50/50 custody when notice of hearing arrived on Friday afternoon and hearing scheduled for following Tuesday- mailed to wrong address
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Yes – when notice of the hearing is not correctly provided, the respondent can request a continuance on the basis the failure to receive timely notice left insufficient time is required to prepare for the hearing. The court may enter a temporary ruling at the original hearing and then set a date in the future for the evidence to be heard

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.