Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

I wrote the question in the original box for just answer -in

I wrote the question in the original box for just answer -in sum, mail theft in a case involving the custodial parent (me) trying to send certified legal documents to the relatives of my ex-husband while he has visitation with our 16yr daughter on a remote ranch. Domestic Violence case. My daughter told me on the phone that he has the documents - and the envelope although I sent it directly to the aunt (his sister in law) at her address which is different from his, although nearby. what to do?
Thank you for your post and I do appreciate that you requested me to assist you again.

Did you see my initial response to your first post, or you did not yet see my answer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did not see the initial response -- in email?

Catherine,

Please check your initial thread that you posted. My answer should be there. While I can repost here, it may create additional charges for you, and for your benefit it would be likely better to keep our conversation in one thread rather than two. If you have trouble seeing that initial thread please let me know and I will repost here. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I agree with your first response - but issues unresolved: I can fed ex the certified copies to the aunt requiring signature, but ex husband has asked my daughter to keep it a secret that he has the aunt's mail. This is asking her to be complicit in a fraud. She is 16 and a half, under lots of pressure and restrictions from him, and her debit card has also disappeared. Another aunt (his sister) contacted me with concerns about my daughter and says she is certain her brother is tapping my daughter's phone, as well as those of several other family members. This is consistent with his character. How and what advice should I give my daughter about the mail fraud?

Catherine,

To ensure that I respond to each point directly, I will go line-by-line with my response.

Yes I agree with your first response - but issues unresolved: I can fed ex the certified copies to the aunt requiring signature, but ex husband has asked my daughter to keep it a secret that he has the aunt's mail. This is asking her to be complicit in a fraud.
I see your point. You can potentially go back to court, show that the father is engaging in criminal behavior, and use that as a basis to take the child back from him.

She is 16 and a half, under lots of pressure and restrictions from him, and her debit card has also disappeared. Another aunt (his sister) contacted me with concerns about my daughter and says she is certain her brother is tapping my daughter's phone, as well as those of several other family members. This is consistent with his character. How and what advice should I give my daughter about the mail fraud?
The best suggestion is not to assist anyone with it. This is a federal offense, and a felony besides, so if the father is engaging in such behavior, it is his criminal offense, not hers, and that she should let you know if that is what is happening so you could rectify the matter (by likely taking her back from him on basis of criminality).

Good luck.