Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

Can my husband be sued for pain, suffering and loss of income

Can my husband be sued for pain, suffering and loss of income for slapping someone who harassed us at a restaurant?

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

The answer is 'yes', your husband can be sued for pain and suffering and for loss of income if that individual had to take time off and go to the hospital or otherwise due to the assault had to time off work. Whether or not he succeeds is a different story. Suing someone does not mean that the person will win, simply that they have a viable cause of action. If you can provide me with more information I can possibly analyze the facts better to see whether or not this person has a successful suit or not, but at least on the question on whether or not this person can sue your husband for being slapped, the answer is 'yes'.

Good luck.