Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My divorce is not yet finalized. My 13 yr old refuses to see

My divorce is not yet finalized. My 13 yr old refuses to see her father. I have full physical custody and my soon to be ex has visitation approved by the court. What can i do so as not to have legal trouble? We live in California if that matters.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Have you tried to speak with the father about your daughter's refusal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He knows that she is refusing. He went to my house and she wouldnt go with him. Right now its ok. But he might sue me in the future. He said before he can call the police or tell the court.

Thank you for the information:

Question: My divorce is not yet finalized. My 13 yr old refuses to see her father. I have full physical custody and my soon to be ex has visitation approved by the court. What can i do so as not to have legal trouble? We live in California if that matters.

Response: There is really nothing you can do at this time. If your husband knows that she is refusing to go and you are not the one interfering with his visitation, he can make all the noise that he wants, but at the end, he cannot convince the Court to find you in contempt. All you have to do is to make sure that you are encouraging your daughter to go and visit her father. If she does not want to go, then it is up to your husband to bring the issue of his visitation to the attention of the Court. The Court may at that time request to speak with your daughter to see exactly what her concerns are and to make sure that she has not been influenced by you against her father.