Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

My mothers husband of 40 years died on July 8. His daughter

My mother's husband of 40 years died on July 8. His daughter from a previous marriage wants an autopsy; however my mother does not. Who has the final say in this -- my mother or his daughter. We live in the State of Florida.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

My condolences on your loss. I am a Florida licensed attorney. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

A spouse's decision as to the disposition of the body overrides the decision of the child. A surviving spouse has the principal right to custody of the decedent's remains.

I would be glad to respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.