ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney

If a man marries a woman with 2 minor children from a previous

If a man marries a woman with 2 minor children from a previous relationship, and after6 years divorces the woman, is the man liable to pay child support for these children?

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

Only if that man legally adopted those children (or those children are biologically his).

ScottyMacEsq :

A man has no statutory obligation to provide any type of child support to step-children. Only biological or adopted children would he have this type of obligation to.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!