Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
4460311

my wife and i are getting a divorce, she filled uncontested

my wife and i are getting a divorce, she filled uncontested paperwork in the court the 60 days is up July 24th. Questions is will it be all done on that day?

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Is there a hearing scheduled that day? Have you signed a separation agreement resolving the division of property or other issues in the case?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she is going to the court on that day, she said i didn't need to go. we signed the separation agreement and both had notary she took it to the court and they put there stamp on it. now she goings back on the 24th

Hello again, William, and thank you for providing this additional information.

Yes, since the mandatory waiting period is over and she has a hearing date after all the issues have been agreed upon, the divorce likely will be finalized on that date if all the documents are in order as determined by the court.

You should receive a copy of the final court order within a week or so following the hearing, which will verify that the divorce is final.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will they give her something that day that shows it's final?

No, not usually, but she could ask for it. Usually the judge will sign the necessary documents and give them to the clerk of the court for filing. That is often not done until after the hearing, so it may not be available the day of the hearing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The reason i'm asking i'm buying a house on my on, and the closing is on the 30th just want to make sure i have the paperwork right for the title company, so she is not i my deed. tried to time the divorce and me buying the house.

I see. You could call the clerk of the court the day after the hearing if she is not able to obtain a copy of the final order on the hearing date, and ask to pick up a copy of the order from them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

You are very welcome, William, and good luck to you. I hope it is finalized in time for your closing.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/. I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.