ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

If the kids go to visit the non custodial parent for a whole

If the kids go to visit the non custodial parent for a whole month, does the non-custodial parent still pay the custodial parent child support for that month?

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

Yes. Payment of a child support obligation and exercising visitation rights are two separate issues, which are treated as such. A child support obligation is still due each month, regardless if the non-custodial parent is able to exercise court ordered visitation or how long that is.

ScottyMacEsq :

So the non-custodial parent will have to pay a certain amount per pay period / month, regardless of the actual amount of time that month that he/she has the children.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!