Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

My parenting schedule order does not imply nor entail anything

My parenting schedule order does not imply nor entail anything being "temporary". Does that mean this is the final order? My divorce is still on going but I have heard others say temporary orders usually become permanent in the final decree. No custody has been awarded yet to either side
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your question. I am a New York licensed attorney. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

A parenting schedule is never really "permanent". The parenting plan is always open for court modification based upon a change in circumstances affecting the children.

However usually when a parenting plan indicates that it is "temporary", it means that it is a temporary placement until an upcoming hearing date.

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.