Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

The father of my daughter never paid any child support since

The father of my daughter never paid any child support since birth. I know it was my own doing because I never went after him. My daughter is now 22 and in college. Can I still go after her father for back support?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Yes you can! Child support is not subject to a statute of limitations in Illinois provided there was a child support order in place. This means that a custodial parent may take action to enforce the obligation at any time

I would be glad to respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.