LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

My fiancée has a 15 year old daughter. He and her mother have

My fiancée has a 15 year old daughter. He and her mother have agreed to change custody to him. What steps need to be taken for this to happen?

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If they can agree on the change in custody, all they need to do is file a Motion for Modification for Child Custody with the court that last issued the present custody order and as they agree, the court will pretty much just order what is requested.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Marie. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Thanks again.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.