Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.
Hello. My name isXXXXX am a Florida licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation.Was the alimony that you were ordered to pay permanent and non-modifiable?
Also, i remarried almost a year ago. Not sure if that is important for this or not.
thanks... some quick follow-up/clarifications...
1) You singled out Philippines, is that because she could go after me legally if I were to move to Singapore or say Dominican Republic. How do I know which countries are difficult for her to get to me legally.
2) if loose my current job and become unemployed or find another job but at a significant lower salary (say 1/2)... could I then ask for a stop (in the case of unenployment) or adjustment (in salary reduction) and is it usually granted assuming it is all in the open up.
3) With respect to co-habiting, my wife has been dating a guy for almost 2 years. I do not believe they live together but according to my kids they spend a lot of times together and he sleeps over or she goes over to his place quite often. She is even taking care of his dog almost permanently (the kids are basically taking care of the dog). Are there guidelines that define when co-habiting status is reached and once reached can she then stop it as a way to stop me from pursuing that route?
i send these questions out of sequence so i am not sure if you got them...
1) I really do not have any assets other than my 401k money. Which I am assuming she can not go after that nor SSN payments once I become eligible.
2) If I move to Philipines, and she obtains the legal judgement, will it automatically flag me if I try to enter the country (e.g. Puerto Rico) and be arrested on the spot?
I will do the bonus once I get these last answers.
thanks for all your help. Very informative.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).