Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

My last marriage was annulled after 3 days. I have never told

My last marriage was annulled after 3 days. I have never told my fiancee about the annulment because I did not think it was required on the marriage license form. My former marriage ended 24 years ago in divorce. Do I have to list the annulment?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Unfortunately, the form does require applicants to disclose their most recent marriage and state how it ended. That includes marriages that were dissolved via an anullment. If a person fails to disclose a prior marriage on the license application, and it is later discovered, it may impact the validity of the application.

I apologize that this was probably not the Answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

Good luck.