Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

My neighbor offered to let my daughter live with her if my

My neighbor offered to let my daughter live with her if my daughter ran away from home. She also purchased a cell phone for my daughter which my daughter paid her $70 of our money for (we did not know), after we took our daughter's cell phone away for a number of good reasons . Can we take any recourse against our neighbor?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry about this unfortunate situation.

How old is your daughter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Did your daughter ever ran away?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No she didn't.

Thank you for your follow up.

Can you please tell me what type of a relationship does your neighbor has with your daugther and why would this neighbor make such offers to your daughter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My neighbor(I'm talking about the mom mostly) has two girls, one of which was friends with my daughter. My neighbor did not socialize her children much, they were home schooled, mostly because of odd behavior autistic like (but never formally diagnosed). My daughter is very nice, quiet and friendly and it seemed like she was one of the only social contacts/friend the sisters had. They wanted her over their house all the time.

Thank you for your follow up.

At this point it would be a good idea to report this illegal offers to the local police in order to document this situation, as what your neighbor is suggesting to your minor daughter could be considered criminal interfering with child custody, especially if your daughter does decide to run away and ends up staying with this neighbor, then it could also be viwed as criminal harboring of a runaway minor child.

Also, you can consult with a local attorney and have this attorney send a letter to this neighbor to advise the neighbor to cease and desist and contact with your minor daughter or to face legal action and that should generally resolve the issue.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

Thank you and Good Luck!