LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

We are divorced recently. We have joint legal custody and my

Customer Question

We are divorced recently. We have joint legal custody and my kids father has physical custody. when he does not involve me in certain decisions esp when its kids' time to visit me, what can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What state was the divorce in?
2. What do you meant when you say that he is not involving you in decisions?

Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We are in the state of GA.

He sends then to camp Orr to friends' home when it's time for visitation without discussing with me .
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the additional information.

By making plans for the children while they are supposed to be in your custody for visitation, and by not turning them over to you as required under the child custody/visitation order, he is violating the order.

You will want to file a Motion for Contempt and inform the court that he is violating the court order. The court will order that he abide by the order and if he does not, the court can fine him or even jail him for contempt.

The court may also modify the custody order so that he may not make any plans for the children during any times that you will be entitled to have them with you---without your prior permission. That should help protect your time with the children as well.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience: 30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawtalk/

Thanks again.

Doug

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.