Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

Hi again, Are there any guidelines regarding support order

Hi again,
Are there any guidelines regarding support order review, e.g. support can not be reduced more than certain percentage of the original amount?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The FL support guidelines do not provide any limitations at all for reductions or increases in support other than they say that the support may be increased or decreased by a showing of a significant change in financial circumstances. Thus, if the paying party proves significant change in financial circumstances such that he/she can no longer pay the amount ordered, then the court has a right to decrease the payment in accordance with whatever the financial circumstances dictate. As far as child support (which I am just mentioning here), any decrease or increase is based on income and the statutory child support tables based on that income and it has nothing to do with percentages limiting the increase or decrease.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.