Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

I am separated from my husband and will file for divorce as

I am separated from my husband and will file for divorce as soon as u can afford to.
We got married in december 2012. He moved out in march. Last year he totaled his car
And needed a car for work; so I got a personal loan from ny credit union to buy my cousins truck. He was in the process of cashing a pension he had and promised that he would pay the loan in full when he got the money. We got the truck june of last year and he got the pension money in january. He never gave me any money. He took the truck that is registered in my name only. Never sent any money. Not even for insurance. Do I have the right to take the truck back? I have 3 dependents from a previous marriage and don't get child support.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Was the truck purchased before or after you were married?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After we got married.

Thank you for your follow up.

Do you have some type of written agreement for your husband to repay the personal loan that you had taken out to buy this truck for him to drive?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, a truck that was purchased during your marriage to your current husband would be considered to be part of the marital property and even though the truck is only titled and registered in your name, you would have to ask the family court where your divorce / separation is pending for its return and the judge would review the situation and would make a decision on your request.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.