socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

What are my cheapest options of getting off of supervised visitation?

What are my cheapest options of getting off of supervised visitation? I have family in a different state yet can't have my son without my mother present. I have been doing everything possible to court order for 8 years. And I have another child I support by myself and am never late on my child support for him. I also don't live in that county that order was in for the last 5 years. Anything I can do?

Virginia Lega Aid has an interactive online system that can help you put together the necessary forms to ask the court for a change of custody and/or visitation (click here).

If you have been engaged with your child and paying support for eight years, and there have been no problems, then I do not see any reason why a court would not grant you unsupervised visitation.

If you would like to see if you are eligible to obtain free legal representation, then click here.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.