Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

My wife and I are fixing to go through a divorce. She assaulted

My wife and I are fixing to go through a divorce. She assaulted me twice and I have our 2 year old son with me. She just got out of the mental hospital where they took her and she showed back up at my house. We are now at my fathers house. Ive disabled her cell phone service and I want to cut the cable and internet service off. Is this kosher?

Steven Kincaid :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Customer:

alright

Steven Kincaid :

If there are no court orders requiring you to continue these services, you may disconnect them. You may also want to seek a family violence protective order to keep her away from you.

Steven Kincaid :

Such an order could temporarily keep your child with you without fear that she will try to take your child from you.

Customer:

I am seeking a protective order. At this point there are only temporary orders against her. I am the petitioner

Steven Kincaid :

OK, that should keep you protected for now.

Customer:

So there should be no issue with the phone cable and internet service?

Steven Kincaid :

Given that you have a protective order, it is understandable that you would wish to discontinue services that you would have to pay for. If you are worried about looking like you were being unreasonable, you can send her a note or a message advising her that you will be cancelling those services so that she can reinstate them in her name if she wishes to.

Steven Kincaid :

But, doing so is not required.

Steven Kincaid :

Do you have any other questions?

Customer:

nope. thats all thank you