Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

I have been separated for two years. I left the family home

I have been separated for two years. I left the family home and my husband is still living there although he mainly stays at his girlfriends house. We will be selling the property in the next six months or so. I still have many of my personal belongings there because there is no room for it all at my rental unit. Occasionally I have needed to get into the house to pick up something. I have always asked his permission before going to the house and he was ok with that. But he is now not wanting me to go there at al and by "pure coincidence" the front door lock broke and he needed to change the locks. What I am wanting to know is, can I insist he gives me a copy of the new key?

Regards
Christine Fellows

Steven Kincaid :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Steven Kincaid :

While you cannot force him to do so, you can ask the court to grant you access to the home.

Steven Kincaid :

If the court orders it, then he will be required to comply with the court order.

Steven Kincaid :

Do you have any other questions?