Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 16 years legal experience including family law
4460311

i am stationed in hawaii and my wife is getting deployed. we

i am stationed in hawaii and my wife is getting deployed. we signed the final decree agreeing on everything. the 61st day will be the 15th of august but the earliest they have on the calendar is the 21st of august. she will deploy on the 18th of august. does she really need to be there if there is nothing that either one is asking for.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Have all the documents been filed with the court? Who initiated the divorce proceedings, you or your spouse?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes everything is filed. my wife initiated it.

Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.

I see. Thank you for clarifying that Dayalan.

Since there are no issues for the court to decide, it is not typically imperative that both spouses appear at the hearing. Since she initiated the proceedings though, it normally would be best for her to have the JAG draft a letter indicating why she will not be available and provide that to the court at the hearing.

Courts will normally grant a divorce based on the pleadings if there are no remaining issues to decide even if one of the parties is unable to attend, but out of an abundance of caution, a letter from the JAG (or commanding officer) would help ensure the case will not be delayed because of her deployment.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Tina, Lawyer
Experience: JD, 16 years legal experience including family law