Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Who is the states attorney in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa?

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.
Kirk Adams : Are you referring to the county prosecutor?
Kirk Adams : If so, here's a link to the Henry County Prosecutor's office, which provides the name of the attorney and contact information: http://www.henrycountyiowa.us/offices/attorney/
Customer:

Yes I was. My son attended the college up there in 1999 and apparently someone has ahd access to his information at the school and has bought a time share in his name with his social security number their address and my phone number

Customer:

we got a phone call on that this evening.

Kirk Adams : Wow -- that
Kirk Adams : is certainly an unsettling issue.
Customer:

I hope I'm going to the right person to have something done about it

Kirk Adams : Yes, you are starting in the right place. The county attorney is in charge of prosecuting crimes in the county.
Kirk Adams : Thus, if you get in touch with the attorney or his staff investigator/s, they will assist you in pursuing this matter and filing criminal charges.
Customer:

well that's what I thought. The man from the resort is suppose to call my son tomorrow and I have told him to get the address that they have on file for this person since it is an Iowa address

Kirk Adams : That's a good start. You should gather any information that you can muster and contact the county attorney's office and ask for assistance in pressing charges against this person for fraud.
Customer:

I'm hoping they won't hold him legally responsible for the moneys owes on this time share

Customer:

We can certainly prove he wasn't anywhere in that area at the time

Kirk Adams : IF the debt was obtained by fraud, then he should not be held responsible because he isn't the one who obtained the loan.
Customer:

the problem is we don't really know who this person is

Kirk Adams : The county attorney's office should be able to investigate the matter and figure that part out.
Customer:

I hope so

Customer:

well I certainly thank you for your time in this matter

Customer:

it definitely helped me out

Kirk Adams : No problem; glad to help. Your best course is to contact the county attorney, discuss the situation and ask for assistance in investigating and eventually filing charges against the person responsible.
Customer:

ok thank you so much

Customer:

and you have a great night

Kirk Adams : No problem! You have a great night too.
Kirk Adams : Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation. Thanks again.
Roger, Attorney
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters