Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law

I have a spousal maintenance order that I have completed and

Customer Question

I have a spousal maintenance order that I have completed and due several thousand dollars in over payments. I filed the order to stop withholding and I need to request a hearing to have the judge order the ex wife to repay the overpayments. the venue is Cochise county, Arizona superior court. what form do I need to use to ask for the hearing? thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

I have located the page on the state's website which provides self-service forms, including the request and notice of motion form and instructions that you should use to set the matter for hearing in Cochise County.

Here is a link to the document you will need to use:

Here is a link to the website page which provides links to this and other forms:

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The problem I have with that form is that it specifically states that it references a copy to Requet child support and parents worksheet for child support amount and that I am required to have completed and filed a request to modify child support. I don't understand why I would use this form.
Expert:  Tina replied 3 years ago.
Hello again, Harold.

It is the only Family Law request for hearing that is published by the court, so you can use the Word version of the form and modify it to your needs or use the form as a sample to draft your own motion.

The clerk of the court's website indicates also that you can contact the clerk of the court for a hearing date, which is a common method for requesting a hearing date, and then file only a Notice of Hearing with the court. That would typically use the same format, so you could use the form document as a guide to draft your own Notice.