Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a US Soldier in korea that is trying to get divorced from

Customer Question

I am a US Soldier in korea that is trying to get divorced from His wife who is in california in the quickest way possible. We have irreconciliable differences. We also have 3 children. The childrens ages are 3, 2, and 9 months. What can i do to make this process fast and simple?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Are you planing to be present in California during your divorce?

Are you in agreement with your wife as far as all of the issues, including child custody / visitation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We are not in exact agreement and i cannot be phissically present in california. I am willing to do joint custody and whatever property she wants she can have.

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your follow up.

Have you filed for a legal separation yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no not yet i am in the process of gettting it drawn up by the jag office over here

Dear Robert,

Are you planing on hiring a local California family law attorney to represent you in your divorce?

Do you anticipate contested issues related to child custody / visitation or other issues such as spousal support?