originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.

How soon can I remarriage after divorce in Hawaii?

Good afternoon:

In Hawaii, there is no waiting period for remarriage after a divorce is finalized, so you would be free to get remarried as soon as your divorce was finalized.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long does it take for finalize divorce in Hawaii? And am I correct if I have to stay here 6 months before I can file the divorce here?

Yes, you must establish residency in HI before you can file. As to how long it takes, that depends on you, and the other party. Unlike some states where there is a mandatory "cooling off period" between filing and finalization, Hawaii only requires that the party have 21 days to respond to the suit for divorce.. It could be done quickly, after the 21 days or it could take much longer, depending on if it truly is uncontested.