Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

For five star law- my stepdaughter has a lot more money that

For five star law- my stepdaughter has a lot more money that her fiance- i think that she needs a prenuptial agreement. Can you send me a sample form?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Good morning and thank you for directing your question to me.

Typically a prenuptial agreement will only be upheld in Florida there is full disclosure and both parties are represented by separate counsel. Accordingly your stepdaughter and her fiancé cannot draft their own prenuptial and expect it to be upheld by the court

In other words, Florida courts will typically honor the terms of a prenuptial agreement provided that your stepdaughter and her fiancé are each represented by their own counsel at the time of entering into the agreement and they have both made a full and complete disclosure of their premarital assets.

I would be glad to respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.