Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

My ex and I are going through the divorce process. Our only

My ex and I are going through the divorce process. Our only form of communication is through email. However, her daily emails are filled with criticisms and I am tired of reading them. We have a child together which are what the emails are mainly about but it is clear that my ex has an agenda to get under my skin. Are there any other forms of communication available?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

There is always the approach of speaking though attorneys. That, however, is far more expensive. You can also potentially try to speak via a neutral third party. As for her emails, if she is intentionally being rude and goes beyond the subject matter, you can always consider taking her back to court in front of the judge, claim contempt of court order, and request that the judge evaluate communication and admonish her if she is indeed crossing the line. Email, however, is one of the better methods of communication because then you have a paper trail of exactly what was stated and to whom.

Good luck.