Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

i need papers stating i am my sons custodial parents and terminate

i need papers stating i am my sons custodial parents and terminate my sons fathers rights. he has had no contact with my son or myself in 3 yrs. or more.
Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Ok. Let's start from the beginning. Is there a custody order at all? Do you know where the Father is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no custody order. yes i think i know where he is.

Ok. Good.

So you can go to the clerk of the court in the county where the child resides and request the packet of forms so you can file for custody of the child. Tell the clerk you are going to file pro se - without the assistance of a local attorney

When you get the packet, follow the instructions and fill them out. Then file them with the clerk. You will need to serve him with everything you file with the clerk.

A hearing will be established and you can go to the hearing and explain why being the sole physical and legal custodial parent is in the child's best interests

Now, since he has had no contact, he may not want to get involved in this at all and so he may never respond to your documents that you had served on him.

And that would be a good thing. Because then at the hearing the court will grant you the custody