How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 803
Experience:  7+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married to a military lifer for 16 years. When we got

This answer was rated:

I was married to a military lifer for 16 years. When we got divorced it was stipulated on his end that I would not go after his pension/retirement pay. Just to get out of there I signed it. Do I have any recourse to get the money if I need it? We were married in Arizona in 1985, and divorced in Georgia in 2001.
Unfortunately, if at the time of the divorce, you knowingly waived your rights to his retirement accounts, you cannot now go back and ask for it, no matter how dire your need.

The only recourse you might have is if he concealed assets from you at the time of the divorce, to prevent them from being divided.
originallawyer and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions