mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

I have a very rude and inconsiderate cps worker. I opened a

I have a very rude and inconsiderate cps worker. I opened a case with accusations against my child's father for possibly molesting her during his visitation. She did not discuss the procedure to investigate or provide a manual or anything. She just made me sign a paper to keep my child from him until the in investigation is over. Immediately the next day she called me and stated that she needed me to cone into the office to talk more about my case. I went in only to have a suprised drug test in which I refused to take. I called her and she told me that a report was made on me about using drugs, told me off and hung up on me. Then she proceeded to call me several times and she said that it will go down automatically that I am positive for drugs. I am drug free but feel as though she is trying to target me as a bad parent and my daughter's concerns are not addressed. What can I do? Should I just call law enforcement? Can I get a copy of the report she made during the visitation when she came to see about my child? I really need help. I have two beautiful daughters and don't want to see them removed and placed in an abusive foster home.

mmdesq :

Good Afternoon:

mmdesq :

CPS workers can be great or they can be horrible. Unfortunately, you cant control who you are assigned. If you are confident your drug result will come back clean then I would recommend taking the test to put that allegation to rest. I am assuming your ex made that claim in retaliation for the sex abuse allegations. Nonetheless, CPS is required to follow up on all claims within 24 hours even if the case work feels there is no merit. Hence, get rid of the drug issue so they can focus on the sex abuse allegations. If there is no drug issue then there should be no concern of children being taken to foster care.

mmdesq :

If you are having an issue with this particular worker as for the supervisor and work with him or her also. Lastly, you can ask for the court to appoint a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) on behalf of the children. This is an attorney who represents the children and is common in CPS proceedings. The GAL will help keep CPS on the right trail to resolve the original issue reported.

mmdesq :

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck.

Customer:

One last thing. Thank you for the reply. So I don't have to get law enforcement involved and do the GAL appointed by the court goes by income for me to pay them or how does that work?

mmdesq :

you should still contact law enforcement regarding allegations against father.Generally the court appointment of the GAL is based off of the court paying it.

Customer:

Ok. Thank you so much and have a good day!