AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Family law matters.
10805288

my daughters (12yrs old) passport expired 03/2013, can I renew

my daughter's (12yrs old) passport expired 03/2013, can I renew her passport without her father? I currently have a Temporary Restraining Order.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing family law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you.

my daughter's (12yrs old) passport expired 03/2013, can I renew her passport without her father? Possibly. I currently have a Temporary Restraining Order.

If the other parent is unavailable, the applying parent is to complete the "Statement of Special Circumstances," which can be found at the bottom of the DS-3053. This will allow you to explain why it is not possible for the other parent to give consent. Or, if your ex is willing, he can fill out the consent. I'd include a copy of the TRO.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions.

Sincerely,

Alexia Esq.