Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

Hi I in California. My soon to be ex was awarded temporary

I in California.
My soon to be ex was awarded temporary support from me yesterday. I net 5648.00 a month . She was awarded 3800.00 . The balance won't pay my apt, car, food ,utilities and sons tuition ( he's 18 in college he lives with me)

Is this fair? can I appeal the ruling?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Good grief, why so high? Does your wife not work herself? That is absolutely too high--usually even temporary support is about 15% to 30% of the difference in earnings between the parties, not about 70% of your money which is outrageous. Please consider speaking with an attorney to file a motion for reconsideration and then a petition to modify based on hardship. I truly cannot understand where the judge would have obtained this amount unless your spouse was able to show or convince the judge that you have other significant side revenue coming in that is not related to your basic income.