Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

If I am married and have no intention of divorcing my husband

If I am married and have no intention of divorcing my husband of 25 yeArsb it made an error and got involved with a man who I've been trying to get to move on for at least 3-4 years, and he insists on still seeing me with ultimatum that I see him or he tells my husband and indicts great emotional distress on my family, is this coersion since I am not wanting this relationship at all. He says no physical violence but he wants to cause me great pain . I don't want my family to know. Is this emotional abuse and coersion
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Florida

Already Tried:
Tried to encourage him to move on. Make as many excuses as I can but afraid not to see him. I have leukemia in remission and now being treated for esophageal ulcers And diagnosed with Chrons disease. I was straight from day 1 that this was not permanent. Have no doubt he is nuts but I did not know this. He has pictures androgens and says will email my husband. Told him I spoke with someone in authority about this.

Response: I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Yes, this is emotional blackmail. Like all blackmails, the only way to deal with it is to come clean and tell your husband the truth. If you do not want to tell your husband, then you need to contact the Police and file complaint against this individual. You may consider taking out a Restraining Order against him. You need to take the power away from the blackmailer and reclaim your sanity. Otherwise, the threat would continue.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.