Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Ely, Just for a point of clarification of a previous question:

Ely,

Just for a point of clarification of a previous question: If a person has a Masters in psychology they can be a Psychotherapist. But what if they have a masters in Counseling or social work?
Hello friend,

I hope you are well today.

A Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) allows one to be called a Texas Licensed Master Social Worker.

As far as I know, there is no masters in counseling, and even if there is, this is a non-standard degree.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about a masters of arts in counseling?

Apologies for the wait. Same thing for "master of arts" in counseling as well. It is no a non-standard degree. Rather, there is no specific designation for someone who holds such a degree, if they do. No specific "name."