How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister Hyeyon from S.Korea lived with Jim for 22years.

This answer was rated:

My sister Hyeyon from S.Korea lived with Jim for 22years. From the start Jim had kidney problem and she took care of him devotedly including body wastes. Hyeyon did not register her marriage.On 2 May 2013 illness got worse and Jim was sent to hospital and 2 days later told Hyeyon `f**k off otherwise I will call police`Meanwhile Janet ,the sister of Jim asked the judge restraining order against Hyeyon and it was granted. Janet also intruded the Hyeyon`s house and took notebook,cell phone, car registration and bankbook which has balance of US$100,000. All Hyeyon has got is a piece of paper writted by Jim says ` after my death 75% of all my property goes to Hyeyon and 25% goes to Janet, however the paper is not notarized. Jim try to kick Hyeyon out of house penniless after using 22 years! Hyeyon is now devastated and does not know what to do. Can you please recommend good lawyer to handle this case? and any remedy for Hyeyon? Thank you in advance for your help! Sincerely XXXXX

Unfortunately, the policies of this site do not permit us to represent customers of this site or to provide direct referrals. Meaning, no attorney on this site can provide actual representation or the name of a specific attorney for your case. However, we can point you in the right direction.

First, you should begin with your state bar association. The New Jersey State Bar has a website, it is located at


I do not know your county of residence but your county bar association likely has a similar site that will be more specific to your location. A quick Google search will
locate the appropriate Bar association. For example, you might search "bergen county bar association".


Additionally, Martindale Hubbell is a national organization that rates attorneys across the country. Their website is located at

Another nationwide website is located at This site lists attorneys by
geographic location and area of practice.


Additionally, there is quite likely a legal aid society in your area. A quick internet search and/or phone book search should locate the society closest to you.

Each of these resources will have a wealth of information as to attorneys in your area that handle such cases. I would suggest you check each site out and you will surely find a great number of attorneys that meet your sister's needs. She should pick a few to meet with in person so that she can thoroughly explain her situation and then retain the one that she feels can best represent her interests.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you