Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Ex boyfriend finally moved out. I have him a 30 notice. He

Ex boyfriend finally moved out. I have him a 30 notice. He took all his belongings and left keys. He is still getting mail here. He had gotten to the point where he has given my kids nightmares about him shooting him( my child), he showed up at my kids games after relationship was over and had been emotionally abusive. Should I go to court and stil have him evicted? I don't think I have enough to get a restraining order but I don't want him around or have any legal rights here.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

It is not necessary to file an eviction action. The fact you gave a 30 day notice and he moved his things and himself out of your home is sufficient

I would encourage you to obtain a restraining order on for both you and your children. The fact that you have had to call the police twice and he showed up at your child's game should be sufficient to obtain a restraining order on behalf of both you and your children

I would be glad to respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He still has his mail coming here though. Do I need an eviction notice to get him to chafe his address?
No you do not. Simply write on the mail "MOVED"