Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

My boyfriend recently went to court tiger custody of his daughter

My boyfriend recently went to court tiger custody of his daughter the judge awarded shared custody for the second time. With stipulations that the parents must work together. It has been less than 48 hours and she has sent us emails stating that we are keeping her from the best schools( the judge awarded us education rights ) she has berated him on the phone and most recently tonight been confrontational in front of the child. Do we have any legal action we can take at this point?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

What you are describing so far is nasty, unfair, but not yet a violation of the court order. What your boyfriend can do is inform her, via email, that he does not appreciate her tone and her actions, that she is violating the spirit of the order, and that he will no longer communicate with her other then email and if she attempts other contact, he will consider it to be harassment and will pursue a restraining order. Requesting that it all go to email will permit your boyfriend to have a written record of events. As for being confrontational in front of the child, warn her, in email, that if she does it again without grounds, you will file a petition for contempt of court order.

Hope that helps.