Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
45002201

My mother who is 79 recently reunited with her "first love"

My mother who is 79 recently reunited with her "first love" who is 80. She admitted to me that at first there was some question as to my paternity. I was born in 1957. She says they did DNA testing and it proved I was not this man's daughter. I would like to know the true. I do not believe that they had DNA testing back then that would have proved my paternity. Did they? I want a DNA swab, but I need to know this answer first. My mother has lied so much over my lifetime that I don't know what to believe. I am ok if this man was my real father, I just want to know.

texlawyer :

Good evening. I'll be assisting you with your question.

texlawyer :

DNA testing was not developed until 1985, so it was not available when you were born.

texlawyer :

If, however, you can get a DNA sample from him now, you can go to any DNA testing center and get a test done for a couple hundred dollars. It is quite common, and there should be a DNA testing center in any medium to large city.

texlawyer :

But, to answer your question, there would not be any DNA testing available from around the time you were born.

Customer:

As a Registered Nurse, I did not think so, so thanks for confirming for me. I may request a check swab in the future, but right now, this is all so new. Wow!