Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I went through a divorce and settled, however my X asked that

I went through a divorce and settled, however my X asked that I move from the martial home on May 15, and it was granted, but the order was not signed by the judge until June 8. Now my X's attorney sattes that I will be paid in full in one day and I will have to get out in one day. If I refuse, because I need more time to get out, and I haev a motione to extend the time, do I have to get out and what if anything can my x and his attoreny do?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

I went through a divorce and settled, however my X asked that I move from the martial home on May 15, and it was granted, but the order was not signed by the judge until June 8. Now my X's attorney sattes that I will be paid in full in one day and I will have to get out in one day. If I refuse, because I need more time to get out, and I haev a motione to extend the time, do I have to get out

Response 1: No, you do not.

and what if anything can my x and his attoreny do?

Response 2: They may just go back to Court to file contempt action against you. However, it is highly doubtful that the Court would find you in Contempt if the Court just signed the Order for you to move on June 8. You need time for orderly transition. Your ex and his Attorney are quite unreasonable. They are treating you as if you are a Tenant. He cannot pay you today and expect you to pack up and leave the same day. Also, you do not have to allow them in for inspection. What are they inspecting? You are not a Tenant! Do not be intimidated. Again, even if the Court has granted his request, you need to be given a reasonable time to pack your things, find movers to get your things out.