Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

Divorce, Florida, after spouce filles and I reply to said

Divorce, Florida, after spouce filles and I reply to said suit, how long do I have beore I must file financial report,

What type of divorce is this - Contested or uncontested?

Are there children involved?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

contested, no kids, 27 years together,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

asking or alimony 1000 a month for and till, I offered 1000 amonth for 5 yrs, she countered 10 years, doing this with out attorney, but have attorney, but have not done financial yet trying to settle with out attorney , so , how long can I put this off if need be

Ok, thank you

You have 45 days from the date you were served the summons and complaint to file the Financial Affidavit.

If you need an extension, you may file a Motion for Extension to file the Financial Affidavit and state that you and she are in negotiations

Though the court might not grant it. But you can ask. OR you can simply wait until she says you have not filed it.

But the answer Is 45 days - that is 25 more days after your 20 day deadline to file your Response.