FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  8 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I want to lease a car but have bad credit. I am currently at

I want to lease a car but have bad credit. I am currently at the end of a 48 mo lease & am concerned that the dealer I am currently leasing from will not lease me another vehicle. They have told me that my perfect payment record to them does help but that may not be enough. What are my options?
One question I have is whether dealerships ever agree to extend the lease on the same car for another 12 mo.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. It is the finance company that the dealer uses that may not be willing to finance and lease you the vehicle. The dealer themselves, would love to lease you the car because that is how they make money. However, dealers often have their own finance company and will try and qualify you through them, to retain the business. If they will not finance you, you would need to obtain your own financing, through a lender, which can be located on the internet. If you have bad credit, they may be willing to finance you but with additional terms, conditions and possible at a higher rate. If you can obtain your own financing through and outside lender, it may work. If not, you can always go to a different dealer who has different restrictions, that may allow you to qualify. The dealer may be willing to extend your lease for another month or two but it is rare, if ever, that they will give you another year lease on the car, after this is over since the value on the car will only lessen and they can likely take it back and sell it now, making a profit. You should start by looking on the internet at financing companies who handle leases and when you find a car you like, inquire about the process to obtain the loan from them, so you do not have to worry about getting approved, if you already have the financing lined up.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please explain how this works-

If they will not finance you, you would need to obtain your own financing, through a lender, which can be located on the internet. What kind of lender are you suggesting?

You should start by looking on the internet at financing companies who handle leases and when you find a car you like, inquire about the process to obtain the loan from them, so you do not have to worry about getting approved, if you already have the financing lined up. Is this different than the above?.

.

The dealer Toyota does their own financing

Go to google.com or any internet search engine and type in key words such as " car lesses and bad credit in _______ ( the state you are in) and it will bring up financing companies who you can contact to work with, for help leasing the car. I have provided below two links for you to look and and possible contact. While Toyota may have their own financing, they may still be willing to lease you a car if you obtain your own.

http://www.federalautoloan.com/Default.aspx?pmc=G-BCALHighV&gclid=CPmThLWn4rcCFSfl7Aodnz8A_A

http://www.1800getalease.com/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that the financing company would give me a conventional installment loan that would somehow be contingent on being linked to the

auto dealer?

I am saying that instead of Toyota using their own financing company which may not provide you with the loan to lease the car, you can bring in and use your own lender, who can contact the dealer and arrange for the financing. You would need to contact the finance company ahead of time and speak with them about how much you can qualify for and the process but once you find the car, they speak with and deal with the dealer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so-----the financing company pay the dealer & I make payments to the financing company?

Yes, that would be correct. It works the same way as if you used Toyota financing but it is a different lender.
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience: 8 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases