Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

The Court has previously given me custody of the first child

The Court has previously given me custody of the first child and currently there is no order for either parent to pay child support. The second child is now living with me and has signed the affidavit. I understand that i need to file 2 complaints: (1) Modification of Child Support for first child. (2) Modification of Custody and Support for the second child. Please clarify the procedure for child support. Am I required to file a worksheet with both complaints asking for a certain amount of child support per child? And is child support paid until the children are 18 or until they are out of college?

Welcome and thank you for your questions

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Yes, you need to file the worksheet for each Modification.

And child support in GA ends at age 18 but may be extended to age 20 if the child is still in high school -

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what if the children choose to continue to live at home while in college?

Thank you

If there are no stipulations in your Divorce Agreement that child support will continue under any circumstances while in college, then there is no such obligation even if living at home while in college.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks.

You are welcome. Good luck