Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.
First off before we begin, good thing that my cell phone tells me of responses because no popo up box came up as it should when you answered. Justa side note that I hope you can pass along to JA as I would havebeen waiting here all night for your response...
I am an educated Doctor of Pharmacy and believe me I cannot make sense of how you worded your answer.
1. What does it mean that both parties were given notice and an opportunity to be heard. The Finnish divorce was done here (obviously) and the process is completely different from any American process by a long shot....
2. It seems completely contradictory that I dont have to obtain a divorce in the US.
3. Then you say that "should you want to enforce the terms in the US...." Of course I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. So why do you say this must be registered in my state, it is NY, So that contradicts your second sentence, does it not??
5. I need thisw all done so if and when I get married again in NY they say I am married.
I am sorry but now I amconfused more than ever....
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).